Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scout's Oath - Chapter 82


< Chapter 81                                                                                                   Chapter 83 >

David and Martin are trapped by King Rat's men!  Meanwhile...

Callan

Milo and I led the trogs down the stairs on the outside of the building to the alley below.  Once we were on the ground, Milo took the lead.

"You're sure this is the way?" I asked.

"Yeah.  After Martin showed me how to get into the tunnels, I memorized the alleys all around the entrance," he said.  "If we have to run I won't lead us into any dead ends."

"Good idea!  We'll make a guard out of you, yet."

"Nah, I'm going to be a spy.  Captain Hunter says my um...skill set...is better suited for that."

Did he, now?  Captain Hunter and I were going to have words when I got back to the palace!

Moments later, Milo stopped at an opening in the ground.  "This is it!"

"Good job, Milo."  I turned to the Great One.  "Send your warriors below.  I'll be right behind you."  I turned back to Milo.  "You stay here and wait for us."

"Uh uh!  I'm coming with you, Callan!"

"Absolutely not!  Kim would kill me if something happened to you!"

"Maybe, but David would be disappointed in me if something happened to you!  He'd try to hide it, but things would never be the same between us."  A dagger appeared in each of Milo's hands and then vanished again.  "Besides, I grew up on the streets.  I can take care of myself."

I realized he'd just sneak after us if I tried to go without him.  "Okay, but stay close to me."

Milo smirked, "Oh yeah, I get to guard the royal body!"

Shaking my head, I climbed down to King Rat's tunnels.  The unmistakable sound of weapons clashing echoed in the tunnels!

Can Callan and the trogs find David and Martin in time?  Find out in Chapter 83, coming Friday!